Hi! I’m Elise and I love food. I truly enjoy the process of cooking, reading through recipes, personalizing dishes, and gathering friends over a meal.
This is a place I want to document those experiences. The kitchen wins both borrowed from other tried and true cooks and the one’s I throw together on my own so other’s can create their own interpretations.
A few of my most favorite things include
– dark chocolate: but not super dark cause that’s gross
– reading a book: bonus points if it’s outside and the sun is shining and most likely burning my pasty white skin
– running: slow is my pace and woody paths are my place
– baking and cooking: duh
– brunch: breakfast is without a doubt the best meal of the day. Have it on a weekend slow and lazy at the house or at a snazzy restaurant and you have created the happiest elise.
– making lists: writing things down may be easier than crossing them off…
– routine: Hi I am type A and I like to know what’s happening
Things I am bad at:
– responding to texts: expect an average of a 1.34 day delay
– only eating 1 dessert
– taking pictures
– enjoying the process
These last two (and the documented goal of starting a blog in 2015) have lead me to create this little place. I learned this school year that rest is something I royally fail at and I need to take time to do things of me just because. And I fully know that my documentation devices (iPhone and point and shoot camera) are not exactly equipped to do this very well but whatevs. I can only hope one day I will improve enough to look back on early posts and laugh.
So welcome and get excited to see what elise eats.